Thursday, January 10, 2008

Xheo-du

Well, I think I have enough Xheo to get me started working on other aspects of my license server. It was not easy and the documentation did not really help. In the end I had to show the license registration dialog or the registration information just was not sent to the server (even though there were default values and the registration method was called). I don't pretend to understand everything about DeployX, but I have enough continue.

I think this underscores the problem with Microsoft's help format. Help is cut up into a hierarchical collection of factoids and it is very difficult to read linearly (i.e. there is no start and there is no end, so in general you can only read a snippet of the available documentation). Why can't someone produce a nice PDF from an existing VS2005 help file (or maybe somebody can?...).

No comments: